Saturday 3rd November.
Held at The Space Centre
Commencing at 1.30pm.
1. Roll Call.
David Townley (DT)
Jon Garbett (JG)
Heindrich Swanepoel (HS)
Geoff Smith (GS)
Alan Humphries (AH)
Charles Ronayne (CR),
Stephen Andrews (SA) (five clubs represented).
Rory Field (RF)
2. Apologies from Miles Northwood, Tim Guttridge, Ian Morris.
3. 2006 AGM Minutes were accepted as an accurate record. Proposed: Warks Seconded: Sussex. Unanimously adopted.
4. Acting President/Secretary Report. DT. BCEW Charity now in effect. Sponsorship agreed for the League of £5000. India series went off well and the WBCC AGM. GS thanked BCEW for staging the AGM at Lord’s.
5. Finance Report. HS. Since last year accounts have settled after an interim report last year. Accounts ran from 3.4.2006 until 9.4.2007. We became a charity on 10.4.2007. Balance opened at £0. There are two accounts International and Domestic. (See financial report attached). The international account was split in two sections for two events. Interim accounts this year onward until 22nd October. (See report) leave current balances International £6781.42. Domestic 4032.80. There is now an interest bearing account with £3000 placed in it. Nemesis and Fixtures Live have sponsored BCEW monthly for a year. There is not much spare money despite the balances. There are on-going costs that must be covered and the need for funding remains long-term. SA asked if we are properly acknowledging their sponsorship? HS said that they are happy to just to donate at the moment.
6. International Report. HS. Reporting for Miles. India series and Third World Cup in Islamabad. England got to the semi finals and lost to India. Change of Coach took place after WC3. A new mainstream coach, Jason Bowen (Level 3) as well as Rory Field were appointed. Monthly training camps for the International squad. Despite getting heavily beaten, this is a young squad with promise. WBCC AGM was hosted by BCEW at Lord’s very successfully. GS elected Pres. HS is Finance Officer. MN is Europe Regional Development. Hope to have a postponed Ashes Series late next year. Deadline will be March for an Oct-Nov series. West Indies to tour late July early August. WBCC AGM in 2008 in New Delhi. Three countries are looking WC4 in Sri Lanka, Pakistan and India. Dan Field was awarded the best Keeper at WC3 and Nathan Foy won best B1 fielder of the cup also. DT thanked all those who contributed to all aspects of the international set up.
7. Development Report. DT began the year in this role. AH took over but has had problems fulfilling the task. Due to very difficult personal issues. He will send his report later. There is some Primary Club money still to be used and LCCA have been asked to assist with development over the winter. SE England Region will benefit before the end of the calendar year. Indoor sessions will be the method and ADW will be one of those involved in putting this on. DT aid that Roy Smith of Metro has offered to help with development. It is not just up to the officer, but all the clubs. SA said that Child Protection Policies must be adhered to and properly addressed.
8. Fundraising/Sponsorship Report. We still have a big need for sponsorship. TG has worked hard at this, this year. These contacts lead to the finding of Nemesis and Fixtures Live. Mike Brace has donated money and time to BCEW and this has also generated a donation from Anida Limited of £5000 towards international blind cricket. We are working hard to get more money for the future. Many thanks to the ECB for their support of £15000 towards the India Series. DT said about sponsorship that the England squad raised money with station collections before WC3 about £1450 was donated to Domestic.
8. Any Other Business.
8.1 DT asked SA about the website situation. BCEW cannot quickly do it GS offered the cricketworld.com option. BCEW needs a domain name set up. We need to sort this out. DT suggested talking to Colin Linton for SA to speak to about it. RF offered assistance through Abilitynet in so far as some individuals may help voluntarily. RF and SA to liase about this. CR offered to help having done the BBS site. CR will be contacted by SA and RF to move this forward. The site must be; “Triple A” accessible. Something concrete to be done within three months. SA to send a template design to CR.
8.2 HS has a fund raising idea using fund raising magazine approach. This has been successfully used by Metro for a number of years. To concentrate on the West Indies Series they can be distributed at County Grounds. No cost to us. We make a percentage of the profits.
9. Elections of Committee Offices. There is no nomination for Sponsorship Officer. CR will ask inside London Sports if someone will stand for this post later.
President: David Townley (unopposed) Metro proposed seconded by Warks.
Secretary: Geoff Smith (unopposed) Sussex Proposed. Seconded by Metro.
Development: John Garbett (unopposed). Proposed by Sussex. Seconded by Metro. All positions were unopposed and therefore all officers are deemed elected.
10. Date and time of next meeting will be first week of November 2008.
11. Presentation of Awards. It should be possible to have a proper awards event in future years. This could be a cricket tournament followed by an awards event. Maybe an indoor event.
11.1 Warwickshire won the league. Winners Medals. Runners up were Metro were awarded runners up medals.
11.2 Individual award for best B1 batsman went to Kevin Lyons. Best B2 was ADW. Best B3 was Shakir Iqbal.
11.3 Best B1 bowler was Gavin Griffiths. Best B2 Bowler was Rory Field. Best B3 bowler was Luke Sugg.
The trophies were paid for via the sponsorship from Nemesis and the Nemesis Shield was awarded for the first time.
** Report partially by the England & Wales Cricket Board England’s hopes of winning the Blind Cricket Twenty20 World Cup... Read More »
The England Blind Cricket team beat West Indies by 6 wickets to secure their place in the semi finals of the 2017 Blind Cricket Twenty20... Read More »
A superb all round performance saw England beat Australia by 58 runs to claim a fourth successive win at the Blind Cricket Twenty20... Read More »
A fantastic all round performance from England Captain Luke Sugg led the England Blind Cricket Team to a comprehensive 90 run win... Read More »
Report partially by the England & Wales Cricket Board England Visually Impaired continued their run of wins at the T20 Blind... Read More »